Saturday, February 24, 2007

Kidnapped!

That is my excuse for not having blogged in so long. The kids they napped me! Would not let me near the computer, let alone the knitting needles. They tied me to the stove and submitted me to countless horrors of cleaning and drudgery.

Ok, so it really hasn't been quite like that but it sometimes seems that way. It is amazing how one can get so busy that the months just seem to fly by. Not to mention that I just have not found my everyday life to be "blogworthy". Knitting has been on the back burner, not to mention spinning or crafting of any kind (a new baby can do that to you).

Things are settling down here though. Keelin is growing fast (almost walking) and Draken is fully adjusted to life with school. Knitting has resumed (finished a couple of sweaters for the babe and am halfway done with one for Draken, not to mention a couple pairs of socks). I have also just started to attend the local spinning guild meetings and am meeting some very lovely women (most of them own whole flocks of sheep. Sweet!!!).

My new motivation for blogging is my recent obsession with podcasts. I just can not get enough of them. They have motivated me to really make time for my crafting. Also it is nice to hear about others adventures and dilemmas in the crafting community. I miss my Knitting Bitches so much but finding the online world of blogs and podcasts has really helped me ease my loneliness. Listening to Lime and Violet is like having Ruthee and the other KB's with me as I knit and laugh :)

No comments: