Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Snow Day

So, we are semi snowed in. We woke up last Thursday to the whole of our hilltop covered in lovely white snow. It was totally amazing since I have never lived anywhere with snow. Draken ran into our bedroom screaming "It snowed! It snowed!".This was Draken's and of course Keelin's first time seeing snow. We had a pre-breakfast snow ball fight then hot chocolate and a nice fire afterwards. We had a couple days of light snow where it proceeded to melt. A very nice novelty.



Yesterday as I was driving Draken home from school I noticed a light white dusting on our way up the hillside. As we pulled into the drive we had a nice little pile up. Not too bad though. Not this morning. We awoke to complete white everywhere. School was cancelled and all. Still we tried to get Kevin to work, so we piled the kids and ourselves in the van, and proceeded to get stuck in the driveway. Kevin kicked snow from beneath our tires and away we went, till we got stuck in the middle of our road at the end of our driveway. The only thing we could do at that point was clear snow from the drive and pull back in off the road as much as we could. Luckily our brother in law was able to come get Kev and all was well.
I find it odd to look out the window and not see green (or brown). I have always lived where it is warm for a good part of the year. The only time I lived where it snowed was when I was a toddler in Texas and I certainly don't remeber that. It will take a little getting used to. Also, I know the snow won't last long here. Soon, the rain that is usual at this time of year will take over again. We will be taking advantage of pelting each other with very cold snow and making little snow people as long as we possibly can.

All the more reason for me to have a sweater for each of us knitted up. The yoke on Draken's sweater is peeving me off. I really don't think I am doing anything wrong this time with the honeycomb motif, I think maybe it is just the way it looks with the dark yarn (ok, I am lying to myself, I know this so it is ok). Kevin's Aran is next, well after I finish the clapotis that was buried in my UFO pile. Hey at least I am finally working on something from that basket (the SSS [or the shawl of doom]calls out to me everytime I pass it, lol).

2 comments:

Melanie J. said...

Thankyouthankyouthankyou for the updates!!! The kids are beautiful and I'm jealous of that snow!

Lynn said...

Hey!!! So glad for the pics of family and the SNOW:) Even with the power out I am very jealous too...