Tuesday, April 17, 2007

So...

I super suck at blogging as evidenced by how little I actually post. Oh I think about doing it but then I think of all the other things that "need" to get done and all the other things I "want" to do. Also I am not a very talkative person in my everyday life so it really is no surprise that I am not the best at this medium of expression.

I love to read blogs though. I am loving this one. It is so nice to see motherhood expressed in this fashion. I found her blog at the end of Draken's 2 week spring break (that is 16 whole days, days of the never ending "I'm bored" and "Can I have something to eat?"). I started reading the blog from the beginning and I must say it really saved my sanity. Oh, don't get me wrong, I love having my son around. He is a great, funny and sweet kid. The thing is he has this amazing capacity for talking. We are quiet people so I know he did not inherit this talent from Kev or myself. I lay the blame at my mothers feet. The past two weeks have made me think ahead to the three months of summer coming up. I feel fear but then I remember that my mum will be here over the summer months and my son will have someone who loves to chat as much as he.

On the knitting front: I am working on the Textured Tunic from Stephanie Japel's Fitted Knits book (its the one on the cover) out of this lovely silk yarn I got at Artfibers in San Franciso. I actually knitted more than halfway, tried it on and realized it was way too big. I tore it all out and am working on it one size smaller. I get gauge so I know that is not the issue. It is a pleasure to knit though because the yarn is so yummy. I do not think I ever want to knit with anything else.

I am also making the Merino Lace Socks by Anne Woodbury from the new Interweave sock book out of some lovely reddish Orange Koigu. They are fun pretty socks and I have completed one and am working on the cuff of the second. I hope to have them done by the time my 2nd STR club package arrives.

Speaking of the STR club, I finished the first sock pattern out of their lovely monsoon colorway. I adore them. I have never done a toe up sock before and I so love the way they look and the super fit at the toe. I really like that the toe looks rounded and not pointy like some cuff down pattern toes look. It was a fun pattern and I do think I would make it again with a different cuff. Maybe just plain ribbing all the way up. I have not taken a picture of the socks yet (I am lazy) but will get a group photo when the lace socks are completed.

4 comments:

Lynn said...

Did I mention that I miss you very much:)

Melanie J. said...

Update your blog, woman!

Oh, and Happy Birthday!!! :D

Melanie J. said...

Ok, it's been a year, time for a life update, fresh kid pics, and a formal apology for abandoning us...well, at least the first two. Miss you, lady; hug those beautiful kids for us!

Melanie J. said...

It just figures that the day I put that comment, I find you've jumped ship to Typepad...ok, one down...