Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Swatch, swatch, who's got the swatch?

Well, I do!

I honestly cannot believe that I have swatched something. First time in the history of my knitting career. Guess there has to be a first time for everything.

This little lovely is the swatch for my Knitting Olympics project.


I have decided that in 16 days I will finish a sweater for my darling husband. Now it is no Dale like, but hey it is a man sized sweater and for me that is something. I decided on a pretty straight forward pattern, knit in the round, all one color. Should be do able. May have to have a little extra TV time thrown in for Draken, but hey, a couple extra tv shows won't rot my childs brain too much.


This pattern is from the very cool AntiCraft site. It is the Curse Your Boyfriend sweater. Not that I in any want to curse my husband (although sometimes I really do think about it), I just thought it would look good on Kevin.

I will be making it out of Knit Pick's Wool of the Andes in color Mist. Kevin picked it out himself. I would have chosen a green, but again I am not the one who will be wearing it. Cost for the project is about $30 and that is not bad for a 100% wool sweater. Gotta love Knit Picks!

I have also chosen my Knitting Olympics National Team. Team Wales will be the country I will be supporting. Gotta love their button!

As for all my other projects, I was able to finish the knitting on my little one's cardi but the making up is driving me crazy. Will save it for when I feel in the mood for some sewing. The Super Spiral Shawl (SSS) is coming along nicely. Will again post pics a little later.

No comments: