Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Chicken, Chicken, whose got the Chicken...

So, I am being harrassed by Ruthee to give you all my Curry Chicken Salad recipe. I don't really have super precise amounts on it since I like to change it around depending on who I am serving it to. It is a recipe I adapted from an issue of Cooking Light (I don't remember what month or year right now). You can use left over chicken or bake some breasts up just for this purpose.

Curry Chicken Salad

2 large Chicken breasts, cubed (approx 1 1/2 cups)
1/2 c apple, diced (peeled if wanted, I prefer skin on)
1/2 c seedles grapes, halved
1 to 2 tbsp raisins (I like the golden variety)
2 tbsp nuts or seeds (I like sliced almonds, but pecans and walnuts are good. Sunflower seeds are also a nice change)
3 tbsp Mayo
1 1/2 tsp curry powder
1 tsp honey
Juice of 1 lemon
Salt and pepper to taste

In a large bowl combine first 5 ingredients. In a seperate bowl combine Mayo, curry, honey, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Mix well. Add more curry or salt and pepper till satisfied. Pour dressing over chicken mixture until well coated. Chill for an hour before serving. I prefer to let it sit over night so that the flavors blend better.

Serve it wrap style or in a pita with spring mix. Also great served with crackers, pita chips or crostini as an appetizer.

More recipes coming soon. Will leave you all with a picture of my cheeky child :)
(Yes, he is wearing his shorts on his head and his shirt like they are pants. The scary thing is that he came out of his room like this himself without any encouragement from his father or myself. Tells you a little about what kinda family we are, lol)

1 comment:

ruthee... said...

Thank you....and PFFFT. I got you beat with Zoe.