Wednesday, June 14, 2006

How to kill a Vampire within ten paces

So, everyone requests my hummus recipe. I swear people must get tired of me making it, but they claim otherwise. I happen to like it very garlicky (hence the title of the post) but you can tone it down by using less fresh garlic or by using roasted garlic. Nice thing about hummus is that you can change it up just by adding a little something extra. Roasted red peppers, black olives, pesto, parmesan cheese, etc can all be added to make a spectacular and special hummus. Experiment and see what you come up with.

Terra's Basic Hummus

3-6 garlic cloves
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
2 tbsp plain yogurt
1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
juice of 1 lemon
1-2 tsp cumin (start out with 1 and add till you like it)
Salt to taste
cayenne optional (for a little extra kick)

In a food processor, mince garlic until fine. Add olive oil and yogurt, pulse till smooth. Add the remaining ingredients and blend till desired consistency. Add salt to taste. Cayenne can be added last if desired. Any extra ingredients can be added now or to left over hummus. Enjoy with pita and crudites, spread on sandwiches or wraps or as a condiment with various middle eastern dishes.

Now in the knitting world, I am almost finished with my spiral shawl. Only 5 more border rows and the bind off left. This thing is really sucking the life out of me. 600+ stitches for 1 freakin row is so crazy. Makes me just want to run screaming into the hills (this is FL and we don't have any hills so maybe run into the swamp instead). Lets just say I will be glad when it is done.

Keelin's Debbie Bliss sweater is coming along. Almost done with the last front panel and all that will be left are the sleeves. It is a nice fun and simple project that is a nice getaway from the soul sucking shawl. My traveling project are the jaywalker socks from Grumperina. Also a fun project. I am knitting them from the Socks that Rock yarn that lovely Ruthee gave to me. I need to start a sweater for Draken but that must wait till we are moved. Will be packing up my remaining yarn in a few days just to make sure it is safe and does not get left till the last minute :)

So, does someone want to come pack my house up for me? I am getting tired of wandering from room to room packing as I see something I can live without for the next month. The half packed, open boxes are driving me nutty. Maybe I should just pack all this crap up and live minimally for the next 26 days (yeah right).

No comments: